- The Mighty Atom are back in the studio! - Well, to say "back" in the studio is inaccurate, as The Mighty Atom lives in it, but there is plenty of new material on the way. In fact, the bands' first new since 2014 is available for download. Upcoming releases include another single, a new studio album, and side projects.
- I have a new computer. - I recently sent my Macbook Pro in for repairs, leaving me with my reliable, but out-of-date white Macbook. However, Mom remembered we had a relatively new, barely-used Mac mini! We got it hooked up to a big art tablet, a Logitech keyboard (made for a Windows!) and a trusty Logitech mouse. The resulting setup has proven satisfying. Now, with the Pro up and running again, I have three functioning computers! Due to licensing, I cannot run the Adobe creative suite with which create all my album covers, which would have been nice to do on such a large screen. However I can run Logic like never before, making this a worthy successor to the Pro as my primary music computer!
- Youtaite remix/graphic design work slowing down. - It has by no means ceased completely, but I have been dedicating more time to other more immediate projects. I really want to get some professional design gigs, and Harry can't run The Mighty Atom on his own, much less mix their albums!
- Chris Squire: 1948-2015. - Many who follow me have probably noticed that I hold the progressive rock band Yes in high regard. In many ways, this was due to their long-serving bassist Chris Squire. From the bands' 1969 eponymous debut, to 2014's Heaven and Earth, he was the only member of the band to appear on every album. I myself discovered him in 2008 through his 1975 solo album "Fish Out Of Water," the cover of which I even made a K-On! based parody of. Since then, he was hugely influential to me as bassist and a musician. In May, I was sad to learn that he had been diagnosed with acute erythroid leukemia, and would be taking leave from Yes. Less than six weeks later, one of my greatest musical heroes was dead. Cancer is a killer, but a human being's legacy can live on for millennia! As a gesture of respect and gratitude, The Mighty Atom's next single, Milky, is to feature a passage which I composed in dedication to Mr. Squire.
- Everybody can get married now! - Something truly wonderful happened in America, and I'm not just talking about Wilco performing at the Solid Sound festival! I have lots of friends who will be positively affected by this historic decision made by the Supreme Court. As with all things related to the universal concept of love, I have a special song by a special band picked which I dedicate to everyone. Let There be Love!
- I will resume uploading artwork. - Save for a couple parodies and one original, I've barely put up any art this year! But rest assured that with all the new The Mighty Atom material, there is lots to come!
Thanks to all who follow me and like what I do!